So my brothers last post might not have been too accurate, I think the Bolts may want to make the playoffs. In the last two games the Bolts have scored 10 goals. Now I’m not going to attribute this success to the trade made for Teddy Purcell, but his impact is already visible. In last nights game against the Atlanta Trashers, Teddy had a goal and an assist. From the beginning of the game, Teddy made it apparent that he wanted to score. On a line with Ryan Malone, and Vinny Lecavalier, that might be a real thing for Teddy on a nightly basis. He had a few breakaway chances, and on one of them he was awarded a penalty shot because of the trip from the Nik Antropov. He buried a back handed top shelfer on Hedberg which helped up keep our two goal lead. We came out scoring and never gave up the lead. 6 – 2 final score.
Now on to an WE knew it note, Steven “40 and beyond” Stamkos score his 39th and 40th goals of the season last night. On his first it was the patented Stammer Power play goal from the left circle over the right shoulder of the goalie. Coaches should make goalies watch some tape on that move or something. If he is on the ice, he is going to shoot that shot. Beware! His second goal was a thing of beauty that I was laughing at before he even scored. Stammers beats Shubert into the zone and then has his way with Hedberg.
1. Watch those highlights, nice goals from Vinny, Marty, and SCZCZCCZZHERUra who was in for Zenon who was scratched on the night.
2. Don’t mess with our team. After Downie smashed someone in front of the net and Marty was blindsided, all hell broke loose. Stammers was the first in there to get some action, followed by Matty Walker, and Downie who went absolutely psychotic and tried to fight everyone, including the Refs.
3. Antero Niittymaki is now 17-0-0 all time against the Thrashers
4. We might have 2 legit scoring lines now
5. Barry Melrose can go kick rocks. Cut your damn hair.