1. Marty St. Louis is an ironman. Two weeks after a puck hit him in the face, causing nasal & facial fractures, bleeding, & swelling he was back on the ice. The night of his injury, he was supposed to play his 500th consecutive game. He’s the first on the ice and the last off the ice every practice. He has an amazing work ethic and works his hardest every day on and off of the ice.
2. He’s the heart and soul of the team, as well as a great team leader. Marty St. Louis absolutely deserves to wear the “C.” Not only is he a dedicated father, but he is also dedicated to his team, and their fans. The slew of trophies and awards that St. Louis has received over the years proves that he’s a dedicated and outstanding player.
3. He has a great personality. He has received The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy for two consecutive years (2010 & 2011). The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy is presented each year to the player who has displayed gentlemanly conduct, the best sportsmanship, and a high standard of playing ability.
4. His collection of awards says a lot about him. As well as receiving the aforementioned Lady Byng Memorial Trophy twice, he has also received The Ted Lindsay Award, Art Ross Trophy, and Hart Memorial Trophy and many more. The Ted Lindsay Award is awarded to the most outstanding player in the NHL judged by other members of the NHLPA. The Art Ross Trophy is awarded to the player who leads the league in scoring points at the end of the regular season. The Hart Memorial Trophy is awarded to the most valuable player.
5. Growing up, a lot of people told him that he would never make it in the NHL. Obviously he’s proved them wrong, very wrong. St. Louis is a phenomenal player and we’re glad that he’s a part of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Not only is he an inspiration to his team, family, and fans. He’s also an inspiration to incoming & current NHL players who share the same common height struggle.
**Marty St. Louis portrait drawn by Que-ink. It is NOT a real photo, it was drawn in TegakiE.
Tags: Martin St Louis