The Tampa Bay Lightning have started the season on fire so its time to look at the the statistical update through the first 6 games. Here is a list of stats and interesting facts that help fans understand why the Lightning have gotten off to such a hot start:
Points Leaders Goal Leaders Assist Leaders
2) Steven Stamkos-11 2) 6 players tied-3 2) Steven Stamkos-7
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are tied for second for the best goal differential at +14. ( They are the top team in the Eastern Conference in this category)
- The Bolts have 13 different goal scorers this season and all but three players have picked up points.
- Only one player (Brian Lee) has a minus for plus/minus on the year.
- The Lightning are currently leading the Southeastern Division and are in second in the Eastern Conference.
- The Bolts have 5 fighting majors on the season with B.J Crombeen leading the team with 3.
- 7 different players have scored power play goals.
- Eric Brewer has scored 3 goals on 4 shots.
- Vincent Lecavalier leads the team in face-offs taken, face-offs won, and face-off percentage.
- The Lightning have scored the most goals in the National Hockey League (29).
- The Bolts are tied for the best home record in the League.
That’s all the interesting facts I can come up with for now, if you have any more fun ones that you would like to share, tweet me at @margo4pack