While being paid isn’t a perk, here’s what you can expect:
1. You get to offer your opinions and thoughts in a forum that can be accessed by anyone in the world.
2. You get a BIO on our site that gives you credibility and exposure if you’re an aspiring journalist.
3. You get to become part of a writing team that is fun and creative, and in some small way, part of an exciting NHL franchise that is an integral part of our community.
4. You get to enjoy the excitement of NHL hockey from a totally different perspective and set the stage for fan feedback and opinions.
5. If you do have visions about writing a book or pursuing a career in journalism, you can get advice from a 4-time award-winning book author who will also give to two staff writers two free tickets to a Lightning home game in March. A random drawing will be held for both games and any staff writer who has met our site submission guidelines will be eligible to win.
So what do we expect from staff writers? Simple. You need to post a column of 200+ words once a week and do so within the basic framework and guidelines of the FanSided network.
If this opportunity is one that interests you, please email me at [email protected] and I’ll pass your contact information along to Tasha Meares who will be in touch with you soon. Or, you can message either one of us at our Bolts By The Bay Facebook page.
You know you love hockey…join our team and write about it!